Not everyone can visit a salon or spa every week, but by following these five easy tips, your clients will be able to maintain healthy glowing skin at home between appointments:
- Apply a night cream to the skin before bed each night. To do this properly, press lightly against the skin in small circular motions. This increases the circulation in the skin and allows the ingredients to penetrate into the skin easier.
- Make sure your client watches what vitamin infused foods they eat. Celebrity aesthetician Joanna Czech notes that vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and kale contain great vitamins for general health, but they are difficult to digest, which may result in breakouts. Instead, a banana is a good alternative for getting a dose of vitamins B and C, as well as potassium. After eating the fruit, they can even apply the banana peel to their face for additional treatment.
- Winter air is dry and cold, so taking particularly good care of skin in the winter months is particularly important. As the dry air affects the skin, more oil is produced, creating blemishes. When the client finds a blemish, they can put some 3 percent hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball and dab it on the skin, followed with a smooth application of Neosporin cream.
- If your client suffers from dry skin year round, they can consider using an almond oil message to alleviate the condition. Almond oil is an emollient, so it will seep into the skin easily and keep it moisturized. It has additional benefits such as delaying the appearance of wrinkles and reversing damage from UV rays.
- Clients should take the time to exfoliate their face daily. On the surface, exfoliation removes dead skin cells and moisturizes the skin. Exfoliation also increases blood flow, allowing for new skin cells to grow. This is especially important as clients age, for it will reduce wrinkles and keep their skin healthy.
After following these steps, you clients should be able to maintain a healthy glow until they make their next appointment.